Saturday, October 29, 2016

Showcase of Designs

Sharing information about the community has always played a major role in activities I have participated in at my high school. I began my journey through publications as a freshman who wrote a few stories for our newspaper - The Hoofprint - but advanced to become a News Editor, Managing Editor, and just this year, an Editor-In-Chief. This post is a showcase of what I have learned about design, about writing meaningful material, and how to positively influence my community.

My first ever design as a Freshman News Editor:

Contributions I made through design and few stories my Sophomore year:









Contributions made through Page 2 Design and Letter from the Editor my Junior year:


Over the past four years, I have established a base of public design to be used wherever I attend college and throughout whichever career I pursue. My learning regarding principles of design are evident as each page design I have selected shows my growth as a young designer. I am confident that the knowledge I have acquired regarding design will continue to influence aspects of my future, including use in advertisements and public awareness of events I am a part of. Being a leader in a consistently top ranked Minnesota newspaper has taught me how to encourage others to improve their abilities every time they sit down to work on the computer. However, this can be transpired to activities other than publications. I look forward to continuing to grow as designer and a leader.

No comments:

Post a Comment